* 1817 Birth at Delhi, October 17.
* 1828 Death of Khawaja Fariduddin, maternal grandfather.
* 1836 Married to Parsa Begum(Mubarak)
* 1837 Sayyid-ul-Akhbar started by Sayyid Muhammad Khan.
* 1838 Death of his father, Sayyid Muhammad Muttaqi.
* 1839 Appointed Naib Munshi at Agra.
* 1841 Appointed Munsif at Mainpuri, December 24.
* 1842 Transferred from Mainpuri to Fatehpur Sikri, January 10.
* 1842 Received the title of Jawad-ud-Daula Arif Jung from the Mughal court.
* 1842 Completed Jila-ul-Qulub bi Zikr il Mahbub.
* 1844 Completed Tuhfa-i-Hasan and Tashil fi jar-i-Saqil.
* 1845 Death of Sayyid Muhammad Khan, his brother.
* 1847 First edition of Asar-us-Sanadid appeared.
* 1849 Completed Kalamat-ul-Haqq.
* 1850 Completed Risala Sunnat dar radi bid'at.
* 1852 Completed Namiqa dar bayan masala tasawwur-i-Shaikh and Silsilat ul-Mulk.
* 1854 Second edition of Asar-us-Sanadid.
* 1855 Appointed permanent Sadr Amin at Bijnor, January 13.
* 1855 Edited A'in-i-Akbari.
* 1857 Revolt breaks out, May 10.
* 1857 Death of his mother at Meerut.
* 1858 Appointed Sadr us Sadur, Moradabad.
* 1858 Published Tarikh Sarkashi-i-Zilla Bijnor.
* 1859 Nominated member of special commission for hearing appeals about confiscated property.
* 1859 Published Causes of the Indian Revolt.
* 1859 Established a Madrasa at Moradabad.
* 1860 Published Loyal Muhammadans of India.
* 1860 Famine in N.W. Frontier Provinces and relief work by Sayyid Ahmad Khan.
* 1861 French translation of Asar-us-Sanadid by Garcin de Tassy.
* 1861 Death of his wife.
* 1862 Transferred to Ghazipur, May 12.
* 1862 Edited Tarikh-i-Feroz Shahi.
* 1863 Published a pamphlet on education.
* 1864 Laid the foundation of a Madrasa at Ghazipur but with some time Transferred to Aligarh.
* 1864 Elected Honorary Member of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain, July 4.
* 1865 Sends a memorandum to the Government about the intention of the Scientific Society to publish books on agriculture, December 30.
* 1866 Aligarh Institute Gazette started.
* 1867 Sends a memorandum to the Viceroy for establishment of a vernacular university, August 1.
* 1867 Transferred to Benares, August 15.
* 1867 Started homeopathic dispensary and hospital at Benares, September 25.
* 1869 Leaves Benares for England, April 1.
* 1869 Receives the insignia of C.S.I, August 6.
* 1870 Left London for India, September 4.
* 1870 Reached Bombay, October 2.
* 1870 Tahzib-ul-Akhlaq started, December 24.
* 1870 Established the Committee for the Better Diffusion and Advancement of Learning among Muslims of India, December 26 .
* 1873 Scheme for establishing a college presented.
* 1875 Inauguration of the college, May 24.
* 1875 Regular teaching starts at M.A.O. College, June 1.
* 1876 Retired from service.
* 1876 Starts writing commentary on the Quran.
* 1877 Lord Lytton's visit to Aligarh, January 8 .
* 1878 Nominated member of the Viceroy's Legislative Council.
* 1882 Appears before the Education Commission.
* 1883 Founded Muhammadan Civil Service Fund Association.
* 1883 Established Muhammadan Association, Aligarh.
* 1886 Established Muhammadan Educational Conference.
* 1887 Nominated member of the Civil Service Commission by Lord Dufferin.
* 1888 Established Patriotic Association at Aligarh. 1888 Received K.C.S.I.
* 1889 Received the degree of LL.D. honoris causa from Edinburgh. Circulates the Trustee Bill.
* 1898 Death at Aligarh, March 27